Life Through a 3 1/2 Year Old's Fingers

I remember my Mom discussing how Neen my grandmother went through her "Vincent VanGogh" phase. Well, I'm in my Bella phase. Not that I am attempting to render her creations, but I am in daily awe of the drawings she is making, and her style. On the smallest pieces of paper with those tiny fingers of hers she sits in her pink bean bag chair while she should be sleeping. With her tongue sticking out in full concentration she makes little treasures for mommy and daddy...or whomever crosses her path (the waitress, her "kids" at school and her friends in the neighborhood) all whom she loves. Sometimes I am lucky enough to be the recipient of one of her pictures, even if only for a little while until she has to take them back to give away, or staple together for a book, make a kite with or use on another "project". She is a funny little girl and her humor comes out in her characters. I always look forward to seeing what she made when she gets up from nap or night sleep. Sometimes she slides a "design" under our door or Deans. Her brother has several sweet Bella originals on his dresser that he wakes up to. Sometimes I am not allowed to see the folded pictures in her room because it is "only for daddy" or is a secret. She turned her book table by her bed into her table to pile her pictures. I sneak in when she is at school and look through, borrow them to scan, and hope she won't notice when I keep a few favorites. Knowing Bella she will call me on it sooner or later. When I attempt to guess what she drew I am usually wrong, but don't care because her answer is priceless. It usually begins with "Well..." and is companied with her signature arm shake with excitement. I don't know what she'll be titled as when she "grows up", ...happy & healthy a mom can only hope, but at three I couldn't be more impressed with her creativity and fresh take on the world through crayons. I hope she never learns how things are "supposed to be drawn". She tells me she is an artist, and she's a good one at that. She puts curly hair on her butterflys and belly buttons on everything. Her folder of Bella drawings are now my screen saver and bring me so many smiles. I had to share a few of them with you!