
Today Dean turned 2.I thought I was past the sentimental pause I use to experience during Bella's first birthdays, but this one has turned me to mush. With Dean it is going so fast. Although he still won't let me out of his sight without calling Mama & seeking me out, gone are the days when he will put his head on my shoulder and rock until I call it quits. He is off & running in this race we call life & loving every minute of it. We had a wonderful party last night with his Uncle Brian, PPaw, GeGe, parents and sister. Per Bella's suggestion we made him a dumptruck cake & he loved it. Unlike his first birthday when he considered icing messy and wanted no part of it, this year he "understood" the beauty of the experience. He appreciated & played with each toy he got, his bike, soccor ball, matchbox cars, books & sock monkey, train & bat
htub basketball net from his sister. He doesn't say much, but his smile and simple YEAH is worth a thousand words.
Here is something I noted a month ago that I am including in this entry, just because.
3-9-09
When changing Dean’s diaper today together we were humming twinkle, twinkle little star as we often do. He isn’t a talker like his sister, not yet anyway, so it pleases us both to be in sync sometimes singing the word mama over and over. I couldn’t help but think of the party we went to Saturday night. Our friends Sasha and Abe are moving to Australia and Abe’s mom flew in from Texas for the going away party. At the end of a wonderful night, she and Abe started singing together, in spanish a beautiful tune that brought tears. Tears of joy, of pride, and slight sadness for her son moving so far away with her grandson & one on the way. I couldn’t help but see how quickly the years can go by. One month from today Dean will turn two. These last two years have flown by and brought so much happiness. I can still remember like it was yesterday his birth, like Bella’s. He was so late co
ming into this world (10 days), but so fast (2 hours). He had a rough start when he was born, but has been a quick learner ever since. Show him something once and he get’s it. He is very silly, neat and a good listener. He is sensitive, inde
pendent and creative. He loves to paint & swim like his mom and is fearless like his dad. He is a typical boy rough & tough, into balls and trucks, anything with a motor...so opposite of his girly sister. Dean was a good baby & now is the best sleeper (another recipient of the Yates sleep gene). As he enters the terrible toddler stage (be it 2 or 3) even his tantrums are easier...maybe shorter is the correct word. He doesn’t scream or carry on like his sibling, he just lays down on the floor and pouts. He will throw something to make a point, but then he moves on. He is my little handsome sweet boy, so cute I can’t stand it! I am so blessed to have one of each, so different, but equally special. I don’t know yet what his birthday cake will be, Bella suggested a dumptruck.....why not a dumptruck?