Finally fall is upon

us, after one of the hottest summers I've ever encountered since living in Louisville, and no one is taking this beautiful weather for granted. Walking the kids home from school is one of the perks we've found having both schools in our neighborh

ood! I even enjoyed bagging my first piles of leaves this weekend, just being outdoors with my Bella and Dean who are so excited about Halloween & all the events leading up to Trick-or-Treating. Just this weekend my little Wonderwoman and Spiderman went to 3 events in one day. I suspect I was "over scheduling" on many levels, but they are only this young once & get so excited about the little things...especially when they involve face painting, cookie decorating, costumes, candy, bouncers and slides, firetrucks, goo making, bday parties, cup cake walk, ice cream cake, playground time, more candy, movies with friends, extended bedtimes, trick or treating at the zoo...Oh, did I mention the fact that my kids like sugar? Wow, what a whirlwind weekend. I am exhausted, but I had a blast. Yes, they were cranky moments, potty accidents w/the 3 year old, snarky remarks from the children and mommy, but more smiles & memories than anything else. Tomorrow Dean goes on his first class trip to a farm to see animals & pick a pumpkin. He has been waiting to ride the school bus for as long as he could say it. He, like big sis loves preschool. He is surprising us on a daily basis how much he is learning...all his letters and numbers! He too loves to draw & paint and play with the kids. He will be my little athlete & is doing great at gymnastics on Thursdays which warms mommy's heart. He is now even staying late a few days a week, eating and napping at school like his sister did last year. I am mostly in my glory when I actual

ly have a block of quiet time to fo

cus on work these days when the kids are gone, but a part of me sees it happening too fast. I've welcomed each stage they enter peeling off another layer of who these little people are, saying goodbye to the baby years. There also is that part of me who knows it will be gone in the blink of an eye. Bella is 2 months into Kindergarten now, and has completely found her scene. It is not surprising that my little social butterfly adores her friends and every aspect of elementary school. She was so ready to dive into learning, exploring and growing this year and is doing wonderful. We were so proud at her parent/teacher conference to hear she is doing great at Math, Science and English. She is attending a Spanish immersion school and is picking up the beginnings of a second language like it is second nature. She is enjoying afterschool programs like YoungRembrants (my little artist) and starting Girl Scouts next week. Tomorrow she goes on a field trip also to see "If you give a Mouse a Cookie", Friday is the Fall Harvest at school and Sunday the big event Halloween. October 31st used to be known as my anniversary. In 1998 I dressed up as a bride, was the bell of the ball & had the time of my life. Now, at 40, like this beautiful season of change it is all about my little monsters...well mostly. Like the wind of change that blows beautiful leaves by my office window, I welcome what tomorrow brings during my favorite season. Fall never felt so sweet!