Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas in Louisville!

Once in a while you get one of those days where you think, "It doesn't get any better than this"! This year's Christmas was just that kind of day, wonderful & magical. With the stresses of the season behind me I was able to sit back and enjoy every aspect of the day through the eyes of my son & daughter. Talk about the perfect ages (2 & 5) to believe in everything Christmas! We made chocolate & gingerbread cookies on Christmas Eve setting out the plate for Santa & carrots for each reindeer! Both kids were sick and had spent the day at the doctors, but that didn't put a damper on the anticipation of what was to come. Just before closing her door I heard Bella sobbing. When I asked what was the matter she replied, "I just can't sleep because everyone is talking too much about Christmas". The kids waited together on the top step as I did as a child with my brothers and sister while Mom & Dad checked to tell us if Santa stopped at our house. My heart melted for the first of many times as Dean and Bella held hands giggling & tip toeing down the steps! Santa brought Dean's guitar he asked for & Bella's jewelry set & the fish she quickly named "Fred". Dean got a red remote control car & his first baseball glove (left-handed) from his PPaw! Bella loves her Barbie movies, all the princess accesories, books as usual. I could no longer avoid getting her girly things like hair rollers, nail stickers & perfume! Thanks to a friend's generosity Dean now has a Thomas the Train set which will certainly be treasured for years to come. Although I found myself missing family faraway we enjoyed the lazy day at home taking our time savoring Santa & all things Christmas. Cliff (aka PPaw) spent the day with us & Eric made a fabulous dinner of ham, fresh green beans & roasted acorn squash. I am so thankful for all we are blessed with and wish everyone in the world Peace, Love & Joy in thier hearts. Merry Christmas to All!