Monday, March 8, 2010
My Kids Are So Much Cooler
Dean walks around with a strut, hands in pocket, my little ladies man, my blond James Dean. Bella has a confident fashion sense that oozes "her style" in every sense...my little Pippy Longstocking so sure of herself. My son is all boy. My daughter is all girl. They are both beautiful blends of the best of us, but so unique in their own way. Bella at 5 1/2 is already driving my crazy with her "sass", her "tude", her hands on the hips commands. She is in trouble often & in between for her lack of respect for all things other than Bella. She bosses her brother, her friends and her parents from time to time, but she is equally loveable and adored. She is the most creative child I have ever met and can churn out a drawing without hesitation in a minute so sure it will be the best gift a person will have recieved all day...often it is! She is smart as a whip and stubborn as a mule. She is so decisive and sweet offering up her "I Love You's" more than anyone in our family. Deano, my little bee charmer makes me melt. He was born knowing how to flirt and is as kind as a mom could hope for. His words have finally caught up with his physical side and he amuses us on a daily basis as Bella did describing his world. He is also a rough & tummbly little guy, tall & strong. As Dean approaches the terrible 3's as his sister did I know it won't be easy. He too is strong willed & strong all together. God didn't grand me slight children physically or mentally. Although I am constantly in need of a glass of wine at the end of the day, I am glad they are exactly the way they are. I have my daughter who marches to her own drum and my son who is always on the run! They are social little creatures who amaze me by their sense of style and coolness. My kids are so much cooler than I ever was. Give Dean a pair of scissors and he'll snip for hours. Give Bella a crayon or marker and she'll draw for as long if not more. I am constantly amazed and frustrated at them, and in awe of who they are and what they will become. Bella wants to be a mountain climber and already is an artist....one of the best if you ask her or her parents. Dean loves his trains, all things balls and his sister so much. He is her shadow & she knows it. He loves to be where she is, begs for her to wait for him and occasionally...more often every day she reciprocates by letting him be in her company. Sometimes in between fights they play & laugh together, they hold hands and help each other. My kids are great...so certain of who they are, what they love and definately cooler than I ever remember being! I find myself always wishing for a break, but here I am with wine in hand as they slumber thinking about when I will see their smiling (or complaining) faces again.